www.flickr.com

16. September 2010

digging around in the archives ...

So here's the story: I used to organize my photos with ACDSee Pro 3 (excellent software, I like it more than Adobe Bridge or Lightroom). Recently my external HDD crashed, gladly I was able to restore almost all of my data (just ~12 photos are lost).
Anyway! Now I've got to reorganize my whole archive and stumbled upon some older photos from 2008 to early 2010 and now I feel like sharing them :-) ...



grim Frankie

Exposure time1/80 s
Aperturef 5.6
ISO speedISO 400

So this is actually one of the first photos I ever took with a DSLR. Back in the days (2008) I sometimes borrowed the Sony a100 from my father's girlfriend and this shot was produced! I really like Frankie's grim, serious and pissed-off expression ... mainly because it's the complete opposite of his usual personality :-D

Here's the next shot ...

"till death do us apart ..."

Exposure time1/125 s
Aperturef 5.6
ISO speedISO 400

2008, I was a newbie to DSLR photography. I had no idea what exposure time, aperture, ISO and so on are but still: I somehow managed to get a good and cheesy shot of Mr. and Mrs. Newly-wed!

Let's leave them alone and move to the small upper-Austrian town Hagenberg ...

knowledge, design & silence

Exposure time1/125 s
Aperturef 5.6
ISO speedISO 400

This is the campus of the university for applied sciences Hagenberg. I visited this university during their open house day 2009. Eventually I decided not to attend this uni after my A-levels. Too much coding and not the education I am looking for. Still, they have a very beautiful campus!

We're leaving Hagenberg and continue with the next photo ...

"Good thing 'bout music: when it hits you feel no pain"

Exposure time1/125 s
Aperturef 5.6
ISO speedISO 400

She was standing at the front row @ this year's Pfingstspektakel. This festival is taking place every year around Pentecost (that's the reason why it's called "Pfingstspektakel" which means "Pentecost rumpus") in my hometown. Over the years, this festival has grown from a small local drinking bout to a big party with international top acts from all different kinds of genres. Irish Folk Punk, Hardcore, Dancehall, Rockabilly, Swing and beatboxing. You want it? They're likely to have it!

Well, back to the photo: It was taken during the performance of a great Austrian Reggae/Dancehall group called "Millions of Dreads". This brings us to the next photo:

Ladies & gentlemen: Millions of Dreads, live on stage!!!

Exposure time1/125 s
Aperturef 5.6
ISO speedISO 400

If you like good reggae (plus you can understand Styrian slang) be sure to check them out!

Finally we've arrived at the bottom of the post and here you'll find the photo that is the reason why I write this post. A little sparrow sitting on a branch right in front of my office window. This little fella was sitting there for almost 10 minutes but don't think he even BOTHERED looking in my direction (maybe he was camera shy? ... or I just missed it every time he looked at me ...).
cocky but still shy

Exposure time1/125 s
Aperturef 5.6
ISO speedISO 400

That's it, thanks for reading (if anybody's out there reading this)!
Stay tuned, more photos will follow! :-)

PS: You're invited to leave a comment

Keine Kommentare: